I've had mine for over 9 months and love it. The alarm is a much better way to wake up, data logging is simple, you can download your information and plot your own trends. Compatible with both android and apple devices with no problems.
My wife and I have compared it with other similar items and UP is the best we have seen.
My only criticism is that a larger size might be helpful, and perhaps having one slightly thinner would be better.
This is a brilliant product, easy to use and give useful info and feedback. I especially liked the wake up alarm ,which picked a light sleep phase and meant that the momentary shock of waking out of a deep sleep was avoided. HOWEVER, the battery went after 5 weeks, holding a charge for a max of 2 hours, making it unusable. This is a known manufacturers fault.
Only had my Jawbone UP 2 days but initial impressions:
- It's REALLY easy to set up and use. Playing around with screens/menus just takes a bit of getting used to but quite impressed so far. I'm using the Android version with a SGN2
- it charges up pretty quickly too.
- It doesn't sit as 'flat' on my wrist as the pictures (I bought online) show. The underneath part is quite chunky and makes writing awkward if it's on my right wrist and the ends kind of stick up and cross rather than laying flat an parallel. I was just between the small and medium size options (15cm wrist) so went with medium but it may sit flatter if I had a bigger size. I'm not sure to what extent I can 'bend' it.
- it's nice and light and I don't really notice it. I'm used to wearing bracelets and this feels just the same, although it does get stuck in my long hair occasionally where the crossed ends stick up.
- graphics are very clear and the sleep chart is quite obvious in its different phases as the colours are defined below. The 'move' chart is less easy to read. I'm not sure what the red/orange/yellow lines indicate - my biggest red line appears at a time I was sitting on the train so not really moving MYSELF much. I will need to go and read up more before I can use the data properly
- After the first night I was really excited to see my sleep pattern. However, after night 2 I was informed I had only been in bed for 90 minutes. I did notice when I tried to switch night mode 'off' in the morning that it was already off. I guess it got knocked to the off position in my sleep so I lost a night's worth of data. It's that 'sticky up' problem again.
So far, kind of OK with it and still prepared to give it a chance as I obviously still have a lot to learn about it, but disappointed with the accidentally knocked button, which could happen frequently making the data useless. Guess I need to wrap it in something to flatten it more.